We combine our knowledge and understanding of the maritime sector to help construct bespoke packages to suit your needs. By drawing on our portfolio of tried and tested best practice we can ensure flexible, efficient and measurable outcomes.
We offer an experienced and carefully selected group of Associates. These Associates share our passion for the sector and will work with your organisation to deliver training based around your requirements.
We don’t restrict you to a syllabus or a pre-determined set of topics. Our goal is to work with you to choose the training that you need. Some clients want to prepare for commercial shipping qualifications, such as membership of the Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers (ICS); other clients will be looking to develop or improve their shipping knowledge without specific qualifications.
We provide certificates based on a combination of actions and standards that we agree with you, the client. This is tailored training the way it should be.
What sort of topics do you we cover?
We cover the topics you need. A big advantage of the in-person training which Coracle provides is the flexibility to respond to our students' immediate needs. Whats more, we can include your in-house materials online and/or use them in face-to-face training. So, if your organisation has in-house content that you'd like to distribute to your colleagues through the online learning platform, talk to us about integration. Our team of in-house learning and software experts are available to develop and maintain written, visual, audio and animated content.
For examples, if you would like us to use charter-parties or other documents in your organisation as the basis for a practical session, just let us know.
A typical package could include:
- Overview of Incoterms
- Most of our clients focus on FOB and CIF, but we'll also cover EXW, FCA, DDP and CFR.
- Our objective will be to ensure a comprehensive understanding of the inherent risks and/or advantages of each and these trading terms and the implications for contractual documentation.
The export process
- Chain of management, role of warehouse/freight forwarders, responsibilities on a day-to-day basis
- Role/functions of services of freight forwarders, NVOCC, booking agents, custodian, LFR, customs house
- Title transfer, pre-payments, payment terms, points of security for trader
- Full explanation of processes involved in securing vessel space, vessels cut-off / closing / when to prioritise / voyage times / FCL vs LCL
Import and export documentation
- Functions, C/O and country independent requirements, customs involvement & implications
Differences in shipping via vessel, truck, air and rail
- Different risk involved, different paperwork, timings etc
Bills of Lading
- The different types and functions of a B/L, importance of Bills and the details contained within them, endorsement (when to endorse/what endorsing means), relevance and implications of Shipper, Consignee and Notify Party.
- Correct and different uses of packaging for different products and for different modes of transport
Working on Letters of Credit and collections via bank. Customs and VAT
- Other payment terms and what time, cost and risk implications there may be
Charter Parties in the bulk shipping industry
- Pros & cons for shipping in bulk, the main commodities carried and size of shipments